Turkey Craft for Kids from Toilet Tissue Tube: Thanksgiving Kids Craft
- 1 Toilet Tissue Tube for Each Turkey
- Construction Paper
- 2 Googly Eyes for Each Turkey
- Child Safe Scissors
- 20-30 Minutes
CAUTION: When cutting with scissors is required a parent or adult must supervise. If the cutting is too intricate the adult can do it for the child
- Cut out a square of construction paper about 8" x 8"
My kids chose their favorite colors for this project. Use whatever color(s) they like!
- Fold square in half diagonally so it looks like a triangle.
- Fold accordian style, like a fan.
- Glue to inside of toilet tissue tube. Let dry.
One of my kids glued it with the point up, the other with the point down. Do it however you like!
- Cut a circle for the head and glue onto tube.
- Glue eyes, triangle nose, and wattle to face.
- Cut out a pair of feet and wings and glue those on.
- Allow to dry completely!
Don't Forget to Take a photo of your finished project and share it with us on the GummyLump Facebook Fan Page!
Why We Love Crafts for Kids:
Art develops creative thinking, provides means of communication and self expression, increases self understanding, strengthens self concepts and confidence, serves as an emotional release, provides decision-making opportunities, develops appreciation for the individuality of others, aids physical coordination, develops work habits and a sense of responsibility, heightens aesthetic awareness and sensitivity, and generates joy!
For Children with Special Needs:
Assist your child as much as needed - but allow it to be his project. Art projects are great for fine motor exercise, and using creativity. If your child has a limited attention span, have all supplies ready before having him begin the project.This opportunity for hands-on learning with no wrong choices is ideal to foster self esteem as well.
Kids Art Supplies
Scissors for Children
Thanksgiving Crafts for Kids
Toys for Special Needs