Eric Carle Inspired Caterpillar Snack Craft
Preschool Crafts for all abilities!
for Ages 3 Years and Up
|Caterpillar Cereal Treats Inspired by "The Very Hungry Caterpillar"|
|A Very Hungry Child will love this Caterpillar Cereal Treat|
- Green Pipe Cleaner
- Cheerios + Green Food Coloring (OR just just the Green Ones from Apple Jax OR just The Green Ones from Fruity Cheerios)
- Jujy Fruits Red Candy
- Sealable Plastic Bag
- 10 Minutes
- If Using Cheerios: Put 1/2 cup of Cheerios into a sealable plastic bag. Add a few drops of green food coloring. Seal bag and shake until Cheerios are greenish. Let dry a few minutes by putting them on a paper towel.
NOTE: If you're using a green cereal with a hole in it you don't need any food coloring and can skip step 1.
Our Cheerios are getting green.
- Put the tip of your pipe cleaner through the front of a red Jujy Fruit.
HINT: You don't want to poke through to the other side.
We used Jujy Fruit Candy but you can use any red circular gummy candy.
- Curve the pipe cleaner to a Very Hungry Caterpillar Shape.
- Thread the Cheerios onto the pipe cleaner until you're almost out of pipe cleaner.
Great fine motor practice!
- Bend the end of the pipe cleaner in the opposite direction to keep the Cheerios from falling off.
- ENJOY! You're done!
- Don't Forget to Take a photo and share it with us! You are automatically entered into our WEEKLY GIVEAWAY on our Facebook Page when you post a photo of your finished project and "Like" Us ! Giveaway is randomly selected.
This kids craft project was inspired by "The Very Hungry Caterpillar" By Eric Carle. This beloved book, originally published in 1969, is an all-time favorite across the world! The story not only follows the very hungry caterpillar as it grows from egg to cocoon to beautiful butterfly, but also teaches the days of the week, counting, good nutrition and more! Striking pictures and cleverly die-cut pages offer interactive fun. Your child will love it!
ABOUT ERIC CARLE:
Eric Carle Photo & Video Gallery (must see!)
PLEASE POST IN COMMENTS your opinion of this kids craft, if you enjoyed it, other ideas that may be similar.
3oo Crafts for Kids